Friday, October 3, 2014

Thrifty Tip #2: One Time Book Reader?

*DISCLAIMER: I am not in any way trying to promote stealing or copyright issues whatsoever. Thrifty tips are not necessarily intended to be taken seriously.


If you’re like me, you may every once in a while rarely find a book, or any reading material that you’d be confident about reading more than once. If you’d usually buy the book/magazine, etc., then you’d understand that you’re tired of using your money up on an item that you don’t read anymore. The first read is your last read. But where can we nowadays find a decent place to read the latest, new and updated books without having to buy them, besides Barnes & Noble? Borders has now closed down, libraries= not the latest, Stores= not enough time to read. 
In my “naive” reading days, I thought reading in the store was sneaky. I thought to myself, “Haha, I’m reading the book without paying.” (Ooh, so scandalous).
I’d end up realizing I wouldn’t even get to finish the book. I’d only get to read the first chapter or so. It’d just be too long to stay at the store. Having being given the privilege of owning a smart phone a few months back, I. went. crazy. & even more crazy with the unbelievable camera quality. I then put two pieces together and voila, “Why not take pictures of the pages from the book?” 
Quick fingers = More pages 
There isn’t any other way to go more into depth with this. It’s pretty much self explanatory. To get started, you just get straight into it. Start taking pictures of the pages. Take the pictures as fast as you can. The sooner you are, the sooner you’ll be able to read, and of course get this act over with. (Aha.)
Tips
Make sure that they aren’t blurry. The straighter you hold the book, the more comfortable you’ll be when you go back to read it later on. And the most important thing: Don’t be ashamed, scared, or worried. Showing these three emotions are the worst especially when attempting a ghetto act. Just play it cool. Because my motto is: If there’s no sign, then it’s fine.
Have fun reading your “free” book!